Disclaimer

For Myers Counseling Group social media policy, please click here

Search This Blog

October 16, 2011

What to Expect When You Have ADHD Kids | ADHD Mom Blog

Have you ever thought, "I give this child my all. I have nothing left for myself, my spouse, or my other child(ren)," or, "I worry about my child’s future constantly"?

Do you wish someone had written -- and you'd read -- a guide called What to Expect When You're (Not) Expecting a Special Needs Child to help prepare you for your child's challenges? If so, you're not alone.

As I mentioned in my last post, I coedited a book aimed at bridging the gap between parents of “Easy to Love but Hard to Raise” children, those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD), learning disabilities (LD), sensory processing disorder (SPD), or other alphabet soup conditions that take the already difficult job of parenting and add to the challenge.